Friday, 5 February 2016

Enoch And The Concert Party


A church concert party from the 1930s. The church was in Great Horton, Bradford and I can definitely recognise two people in the group. That is my grandfather, Enoch Burnett, second from right on the back row. Heaven knows what character he is supposed to be playing, but I would have paid a small fortune to have been in the audience. And that is his daughter, Miriam Burnett (my Auntie Miriam) sat in the centre of the front row.


I have a provisional ID for five others in the photograph, although this is based on some scribbled pencil notes on the back of the photo. Who knows, perhaps they will come back from the grave and identify themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

118 : A Crisp And The Co-op

BRIGHOUSE INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY Brighouse Industrial Society was the name given to the local co-operative society which was founded i...