51 : Ethel Will Know What I Mean


Ethel will know what I mean. I feel a new camera coming on. It's a feeling other picture-taking addicts will recognise. The belief that a shiny new piece of kit will somehow transform your dull prints  into chromatic works of art. The idea that a few more pixels and less modest focal length will turn you into a Bill Brandt or a Henri Cartier-Bresson. Whether it is glass plate, roll film or SD card, that feeling is something all photographers will recognise. Ethel will know what I mean.

(Picture of Ethel Johnston - Scan of a 3"x2" print, Rajar Purchase)

1 comment:

  1. With me it is a new lens...and I keep talking myself out of it. Good Luck this might be the camera that makes you famous! :)

    ReplyDelete

106 : Two Smiling Theatricals

1707-133 : TWO THEATRICALS Two more smilers, but this time I suspect there are differences. First of all we have, I think, two women ...